Tuesday, May 01, 2012

2012-04-22 SGNP, Mumbai

Taken these pics at the Kanheri caves inside the sanjan Gandhi National Park.

These small raptors were hunting for insects on the flight.
There were 2 individuals which were seen just as we were climbing the caves.

Just as we reached the top of the caves two more individual was seen hunting.
But i am not sure whether these were the same or not.

First Individual - Mostly Peregrine Falcon





Second individual - Mostly Amur falcon due to its  different underwing pattern.(Unfortunately the pics are not sharp)








Please help me iding these raptors.

2 comments:

Bhushavali said...

Recently visited SGNP & Kanheri in my last Mumbai trip. Nice to a Nature lover's view of the place! Glad I stumbled on your blog.
Do drop by my blog sometime! :)
My Travelogue

Amul said...

Yups the second one is Amur Falcon